20.16° scattered clouds
At Woodlane High School we appoint Prefects to undertake various roles and responsibilities around the school. This is the perfect role for pupils ready to take on additional duties, raise their level of independence and strengthen college applications.
Would you like to become a Prefect?
You can apply to be a Prefect at any point during the year. If you would like to be considered for a prefect role please apply in writing to Mr Morgan or Miss Maynard.
The letter should include:
- Reasons why you would like to become a Prefect.
- Reasons why you would make a good Prefect.
A Woodlane High School Prefect is expected to lead by example, and therefore, must:
- Demonstrate excellent behaviour and follow the Learners’ Code at all times.
- Be kind and considerate to staff and pupils.
- Have an excellent attendance and punctuality record.
- Dress smartly, wearing the correct uniform at all times.
- Be helpful.
- Be reliable.
Prefect roles and responsibilities:
- To meet prospective parents and show them around the school (with staff support).
- To help your peers with their homework (where appropriate).
- To remind your peers of appropriate behaviour (where appropriate).
- To report incidents of poor behaviour to staff on duty.
- To remind your peers about ‘cool down’ time.
- To support new pupils to Woodlane; to ‘buddy’ up.
- To help staff ensure the school remains tidy.
- To help with Transition events, Parents’ Evening, etc.