4.84° broken clouds
If your child is beginning their final year at Woodlane this means they will soon begin a transition to college or sixth form, as well as working towards qualifications such as GCSEs and Entry Levels.
This can often be a confusing process for pupils and parents/carers alike and there are lots of things to do, and options you may need to be aware of. We know it is difficult to know what is best for your child and how to ensure the correct support is in place. This is even more challenging given the impact of Covid-19.
To help you gain a better understanding of this, the school hosts a yearly Next Steps Evening early in September. All parents and carers of Year 11 pupils are invited to join us.
This session covers the following:
- Learning about the range of post-16 opportunities that are available and what is right for your child.
- How to assist your child with the college application process.
- Signposting to information regarding applications and open days
- The College Link Day (Thursdays) and what this is/how this will function this year.
- Important dates, including EHCP Annual Reviews, deadlines for applications and current planned GCSE schedule and leaving date.
We would encourage parents/carers and pupils to join this event to understand more precisely the plan for your child’s final year at Woodlane.
Please download the most recent information from this event below.