6.58° broken clouds
Pupils at Woodlane have selected their top 10 tips for e-safety.
STAY SAFE ONLINE!
1. Never give out your personal details online (name, age, address, phone number, postcode).
DON’T GIVE THEM OUT ONLINE!
You don’t know who you are giving them to, or what they intend to do with them.
2. Keep your account settings PRIVATE.
If you are not sure how to do it, ask someone who does.
3. REPORT ABUSE!
Use the REPORT button on the website to report abuse.
If you don’t know how to do it, ask someone who does.
4. Don’t respond to messages from people you don’t know.
5. Don’t accept invites from people you don’t know.
6. Don’t put up with CYBERBULLYING.
If you’ve been upset by someone bullying you online TELL SOMEONE!
You don’t have to suffer in silence.
7. Be CYBERSMART, NOT CYBERSILLY.
REPORT, BLOCK AND TELL!
8. It is a criminal offence to send malicious messages.
DON’T SEND THEM.
If you, personally, receive a nasty message REPORT, BLOCK and TELL someone.
9. Plagiarism: DON’T DO IT!
If you use images, text or other types of data straight from a web page, always include the www where you got it from.
10. DON’T GET A VIRUS ON YOUR DEVICE!
Keep your antivirus software and firewall up to date. If you don’t know how to do it, ask someone who does.
For further advice on keeping safe online click the following links: