14.78° scattered clouds
Assessment - Outcomes
2019/20 Headline Results: (Reported on in September 2020)
- The overall percentage of pupils who meet and exceed their expectations in qualification subjects has increased by a further 2% to 96.3%.
- Core subjects achieved collective increase in pupils meeting or exceeding expected outcomes, Ma and EN achieving 100%.
- The percentage of pupils achieving below their expected outcome decreased 2.3% to 3.3%.
- 100% of pupils met expected outcomes within 8 subjects – English, Art, DT, PE, Computing, French ASDAN and vocational studies.
- 100% of pupils exceeded expected outcomes within 2 subjects – PE and DT.
Substantial Progress: The achievement of Year 11 pupils in all qualification subjects in 2019/20 continues to be outstanding. This is because pupils progress well from their different starting points and achieve or exceed standards expected within the school’s own curriculum and in comparison, with other outstanding SEND schools. Pupils attain relevant qualifications so that they can and do progress to the next stage of their education.
Sustained Progress: Pupils at Woodlane make substantial and sustained progress, developing excellent knowledge, understanding and skills, considering their different starting points. The graph below highlights the five-year trend for exam results. Results in 2019/20 demonstrate a significant rise each year, the trend continues this year seeing a rise of 2.3% in students meeting expected outcomes. Furthermore, 72% of Year 11 pupils exceeded their expected outcome this year, although a slight dip from last year in exceeding outcomes, pupils achieving below expected outcomes continues to fall.
For further analysis of outcomes, including analysis of subjects individually and the progress of key groups, please download the Outcomes 2020 Executive Summary below.
Woodlane also explores outcomes achieved through a comparison of DfE published data available through Analyse School Performance (formally Raise Online). For further analysis, please visit the Assessment - Comparison page.