22.84° overcast clouds
Woodlane is a London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham maintained school and placements are administrated by the Council’s Education, Health and Care (EHC) Planning Service. Parents should contact their Local Authority to find out about Woodlane's specific admissions arrangements.
Our current admission number is for 100 pupils.
Agreed admissions guideline
Pupils at Woodlane High School do not have emotional and behavioural difficulties or significant learning difficulties as their main special need. Pupils’ needs are complex and inter-related.
We meet the needs of a wide range of pupils including, but not exclusive to:
- Pupils with speech, language and communication difficulties, or selective mutism;
- Pupils with higher functioning Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD);
- Pupils who have specific learning difficulties e.g. dyslexia or dyspraxia;
- Vulnerable pupils who, for a range of reasons, have failed to thrive in a mainstream setting. They may have become school-phobic and regular non-attenders;
- Pupils with a medical need that makes a mainstream placement inappropriate;
- Pupils whose psychological difficulties (depression, de-motivation, high anxiety, OCD etc.) make a mainstream placement inappropriate;
- Pupils with physical disabilities.
The cognitive ability of pupils at Woodlane is usually a number of years below expected attainment for their age. Woodlane uses B-Squared Connecting Steps to analyse the progress of pupils, (click here for further information on B-Squared Progression Steps). On Year 7 entry pupil attainment usually ranges between Progression Steps 1 - 5, equal to between 1 - 7 years behind age related expectations.
If a pupil is offered a place at Woodlane we have a dedicated transition programme to ensure the change/reintegration is as smooth as possible. Please click here to refer to our transition section for full details.
We welcome visits to the school, please call the office to make an appointment on 020 8743 5668.
Contact EHC Planning Service on 020 8753 1021 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to visit the Education and Learning website for Hammersmith and Fulham.