8.5° overcast clouds
Parent/Carer Questionnare Results 2022
Thank you to parents and carers for your responses to our questionnaire. The total response rate was 25, which was 23% of school population.
Please download the full summary below.
Summary of parents/carers who answered each question:
It should be noted that our response rate was approximately 50% lower than usual (the data was collected online for the first time).
- An average of 95% agreed/strongly agreed with the questions, 2 parents consistently disagreed.
- 96% of parents feel the school has a calm and positive atmosphere (1 parent disagreed).
- 96% parents feel the school provides a relevant curriculum for their child (1 parent disagreed).
- 100% of parents feel the school has sufficiently high expectations of their child.
- 92% of parents feel school trips and visits are worthwhile experiences (2 parents disagreed/strongly disagreed).
- 91% of parents feel their child enjoys the activities organised for break and lunch times (2 parents disagreed/strongly disagreed).
- 100% of parents feel the school runs a useful breakfast club.
- 91% of parents feel the school provides a healthy and mixed menu for school dinners (2 parents strongly disagreed).
- 100% of parents feel welcome when they visit the school.
- 100% of parents feel when they contact the school, the staff are helpful and approachable.
- 92% of parents feel their child’s annual review is a useful meeting (2 parents disagree).
- 92% of parents feel the annual parents’ evening is helpful, providing them with useful information about their child’s progress (2 parents disagree/strongly disagree).
- 92% of parents feel their child benefits from the positive behaviour policy and enjoys getting merits (2 parents disagree).
- 91% of parents feel the school deals well with complaints and problems (2 parents disagree/strongly disagree).
- 100% of parents feel the school encourages good attendance.
- 92% of parents are aware that the school has a Governing Body, which has overall responsibility for the school (2 parents disagree).
- 96% of parents feel the school helps prepare pupils for an independent life (1 parent disagrees).
- 96% of parents feel the school engages well with parents/carers (1 parent disagrees).
- 92% of parents feel their child receives relevant and regular homework (2 parents disagree/strongly disagree).
- 96% of parents feel the school site is safe (1 parent disagrees).
- 96% of parents feel the school’s website is a useful resource (1 parent disagrees).
- 100% of parents feel their child was helped to settle in well when he/she first started at the school.
- 88% of parents would recommend the school to another parent of a child with special needs (3 parents disagreed. 1 parent who disagreed, agreed with every other question, therefore, this may be an error).
- 92% of parents believe that Woodlane is an excellent school (2 parents disagreed)
- Request completion of questionnaire at parents’ evening to increase responses.
- Introduce break and lunch time curriculum.
- Invite governors to school events to meet parents.
- Continue efforts to support 2 x dissatisfied parents, improving satisfaction in specific areas.
- Lead Practitioner to hold Annual Review for 2 x dissatisfied parents in this area.
- Advise parents that ‘Curriculum Maps’ are available on the school website, which can be found under each subject’s curriculum area – these provide detailed information which outlines what the pupils are learning and when.
- Introduce changes to parents’ evening:
- Offer in person and virtual appointments
- Provide progress information on a termly basis
- Increase the number of parents’ evenings
- Ensure a parents’ evening is earlier in the year
- Continue to offer a range of extra-curricular visits throughout the entire year, focus on subject areas where less visits are offered.
- Ensure homework is offered consistency across all subjects, using the same format.
- Upload questionnaire results to school website, send newsfeed summary of results.
- Reflect statistics in school self-evaluation/ include relevant targets and action in school improvement plan.
Please enter some content for your news story here.