8° overcast clouds
School Closure Update 18.05.20
An update to our information related to school closure including plans for a phased return.
Monday 18th May 2020
Dear Parents and Carers
Re: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) – School Closure/ Phased Opening Update
We hope this letter finds you and your family well and healthy. We cannot thank you all enough for your hard work and support. We are delighted with the engagement we have had with our remote/live learning offer and hope this has been, and will continue to be of value. We were pleased to see so many of our pupils in attendance and looking well.
We are sure that there is both excitement and anxiety following the recently issued guidance from the government regarding phased school openings, as follows:
‘Special schools, special post-16 institutions and hospital schools will work towards a phased return of more children and young people without a focus on specific year groups.’
Our aim is for pupils to return to school as quickly as possible, while ensuring our staff and pupils are safe. To ensure we are able to effectively and safely plan for an increase in pupils attending school, we need to assess potential demand for places. Therefore, we ask that all parents follow this link: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/RC5JT3J, which will take you to a short survey. Please respond by 11.00am on Wednesday 20th May 2020. You can also click this QR code.
The survey will ask the following questions:
- What is the name of your child?
- Following the recently issued guidance from the government regarding phased school re-openings, please inform us of your preference:
- I would like my child to return to school on June 1st.
- I would like my child to remain at home at this time.
- I would like my child to return to school at a later date in the Summer Term.
- I am unsure.
- Do you have any further comments?
Pleased be assured there is no requirement for any pupil to attend at this time and no action will be taken by the school if you decide for your child to remain at home for their safety.
Please note, no pupil should return without contact from the school to confirm their place. If you have expressed that you would like your child to attend we will be in contact to carry out individual risk assessments in advance. Depending on demand we may have to prioritise pupils and families in greatest need.
The school will be closed for the half term break, however the following provision will be provided for all pupils:
- Project based homework tasks will be set on Firefly.
- Tasks will be differentiated, therefore, you and/or your child can select the task most appropriate to
- their ability.
- Teachers will continue to call their tutor group each Wednesday.
- The headteacher or deputy will call any pupils on a child protection/child in need/early help plan
- each Monday and Thursday.
- The senior managers are available for contact, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any further information. Wishing you all health and