11.48° scattered clouds
Leading Parent Partnership Award
Woodlane High School is working towards achieving the Leading Parent Partnership Award. The LPPA is a recognised award that provides a challenging framework within schools, which will strengthen their partnership within parents/carers.
One of the principle criteria of the award is the promotion of, and participation in lifelong learning within the school for parents and carers. It is vital that parents and carers understand and support their child’s learning and development.
The LPPA offers long term benefits such as improved pupil attendance and behaviour and increased parental involvement and support. We hope to continue to improve communication between school and home and nurture the child/parent relationships by highlighting the benefits of adult learning and the positive impact this can have on a child’s education.
The LPPA consists of nine evidence-based objectives:
1. The school demonstrates a commitment to work towards achieving the LPPA;
2. The school makes and implements effective plans to achieve and maintain the LPPA;
3. The school is a welcoming, communicative and friendly place for parents;
4. The school promotes the awareness and participation of all groups of parents in supporting their children’s learning and developing their own learning. In addition, the school holds and actively promotes a programme of opportunities and events for joint parent and child participation
5. The schools provides a good induction for all new parents;
6. The school provides parents with relevant and user-friendly guidance and information to help them support their children’s learning;
7. The school produces and implements parent-friendly policies to establish effective home–school links and improve children’s attendance, punctuality, progress and positive participation in school;
8. The school provides good support for all parents as their children move through leave the school;
9. The school summarises its achievements against the LPPA Objectives and outlines its future plans.
Please view the LPPA section of the school website for more information, and to see documents demonstrating our progress and commitment to the LPPA.