In this section...
Parent Questionnaire Results
A huge thank you to all those parents/carers who completed the parent questionnaire. Please download the full analysis below.
Summary of parents/carers who answered each question:
- An average of 97% agreed/strongly agreed with the questions, 1 parent consistently disagreed.
- 100% believe the school site is safe.
- 98% would recommend Woodlane to a parent of a child with special educational needs (1 parent disagreed). 83% strongly agree.
- 98% believe Woodlane is an excellent school (1 parent disagreed).
- 95% believe we provide a relevant curriculum for their child (2 parents disagreed).
- 100% agree that Woodlane has a calm and positive atmosphere.
- 100% believe their child enjoys the activities organised at break and lunch times.
- 100% believe the annual parents’ evening is helpful, proving them with useful information about their child’s progress.
- 100% believe their child was helped to settle in well when he/she first started at the school.
- 87% believe that Woodlane provides a healthy and mixed menu for school dinners. This is our lowest scoring question.
- 88% of parents feel we provide relevant and regular homework. 12% disagree (5 parents).
- 98% agree that when they contact the school staff are helpful and approachable (1 parent disagreed). 91% strongly agree.
- 100% believe Woodlane helps prepare pupils for an independent life.
- 95% are aware that the school has a Governing Body, which has overall responsibility for the school (2 parents disagreed).
- Deputy to jointly facilitate, with Eden, a parent reference group on school lunches.
- Deputy to jointly facilitate, with Eden, a pupil conference on school lunches.
- Deputy to ensure homework is posted weekly for all subjects on the school website.
- Continue to invite governors to school events to meet parents.
- Explore further the dissatisfaction of 1 parent, who consistently disagreed.
- Explore and if appropriate increase challenge for child, whose parent disagreed with the school providing a relevant curriculum.
- Upload questionnaire results to school website, send newsfeed summary of results.
- Advise parents that ‘Curriculum Maps’ are available on the school website, which can be found under each subject’s curriculum area.
- Explore ‘creative maths’ opportunities.
- Reflect statistics in school self-evaluation/ include relevant targets and action in school improvement plan.