School Improvement Plan 2017/2018
Throughout the year Woodlane pupils, parents, governors and staff reflect on the school’s achievements and equally any areas for improvement; striving to be the best school we can be. Due to the hard work of all stakeholders, we have seen many improvements and further areas of strength emerge. As a result we now judge ourselves as 'outstanding', however, we aim to be even better! Our full self-evaluation and school improvement plan can be found by clicking here.
This year’s school improvement priorities are as follows:
- Explore and select alternative subject specific qualifications to ensure qualifications are accessible and pupils' accredited outcomes reflect their progress.
- Raise achievement in Science, DT and Computing to ensure all pupils make substantial and sustained progress from their individual starting points in all subjects.
- Ensure at least 97% of pupils meet and 50% exceed expected progress in Science, DT and Computing.
- Raise accredited outcomes for pupils receiving Pupil Premium ensuring outcomes reflect the substantial and sustained progress made by other pupils.
- Further improve the behaviour and attendance of identified key groups, 'Girls', 'Black Caribbean', 'White British' and 'Pupil Premium'.