In this section...
Why is homework important?
- It can help you make progress in your learning
- It can support your learning in class
- You can practise skills learnt in the classroom
- Working at home can provide a quiet, creative environment (if you find working at home difficult you could try homework club)
- You may have access to other sources of information
- You can involve your parents/carers in your learning
- It can help you learn how to work independently and increase your self-motivation
- It will help you practise how to work to deadlines (essential for your GCSE coursework)
It doesn’t stop there! Ask your parents/carers to explain how homework can increase your:
- Level of responsibility
- Time management skills