What is autism and how does it affect our SEN pupil’s education?
This course is to enable us as education practitioners to support children with autism both in and outside the classroom environment. We will be discussing the impact autism has on pupils participating fully in school life (making friendships, communication skills, life skills, learning strategies and interactions with others) This course will include:
- Discussion of the triad of impairments
- Advice to all staff in your setting regarding the transition of young people with autism
- Practical solutions of support
- Sensory considerations
- Social needs of ASD pupils
- The use of TA’s to support learning
- The identification of ASD behaviours and how to support positive behaviour in the classroom
- Comparing examples of good practice
A number of different strategies and examples will be provided so staff can take examples back to school to be put into practice.
£150.00 + VAT
Woodlane High School
Du Cane Road, W12 0TN
10am - 3pm
Teachers, SENCO’s, learning support staff